QUESTION: Do you have to be a citizen, permanent resident or visa holder to apply for a home loan in Australia?

The answer is YES.

If you are applying for a home loan in Australia you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or holder of a permanent visa.

Provisional, bridging or temporary visas are usually not accepted.

The First Home Owner Grant is available to citizens only.

The Home Builder Grant requires that you are a Permanent Resident.

If you are interested in exploring your options, please call me on 0432 230 298 or hit the Reply button.